Dear Clients, Colleagues and Team Members,
The President’s Executive Order suspending Immigration will start at midnight of April 23, 2020.
The scope of the Executive Order will include the following:
- The Executive Order will be for 60 days and may be extended.
- It covers Foreign Nationals who are applying for immigration to the US through US Embassy/ US Consulate processing, that is, it applies to all those Foreign National Applicants who will attend their immigrant visa interviews outside the US.
The Exemptions to the Executive Order are:
- Spouses and children under 21 of US Citizens immigrating to the US through US Embassy/ US Consulate process.
- All non-immigrant applicants applying through US Embassy/ US Consulate processing for temporary visas such as E-2, H1B, H-2B, E-3, L-1, O, P, F-1, B-1 and B-2 visitors visas etc.
- All EB-5 investors applying for Conditional Permanent Residency through the US Embassy/ US Consulate.
- All Foreign Nationals in the US applying for Permanent Residency through Adjustment of Status applications with USCIS.
- Does not apply to Foreign Nationals who already have an immigrant visa in their passport and are outside the US.
Beshara Global Migration Law Firm would like to convey the following information to you:
- US Embassies and US Consulates are closed currently and are not processing applications for visa entry to the US except for certain special cases.
- The US Embassies/ US Consulates may open possibly in the middle of June 2020. However some may open sooner and some may be closed for a longer period of time.
- The Executive Order suspending immigration may or may not be extended.
- The Executive Order may be revised. The Executive Order may increase the scope of what visas are covered or change the exceptions.
- Foreign Nationals that have obtained an immigrant visa but cannot return to the US may submit an application to return under special and extraordinary circumstances.
We will be happy to arrange a conference call, SKYPE, or FaceTime call for you to speak directly with Attorney Edward Beshara.
Edward Beshara, Managing Partner
And the Beshara PA Global Migration Law Firm Team