The EB-5 process provides a method of obtaining a green card for foreign nationals who personally invest their funds in a U.S. entity directly or into one associated with a Regional Center designated by USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service).
To obtain the immigrant visa (the green card/permanent residency) the foreign national must personally invest at least USD $1,000,000 which will create at least 10 full time jobs either directly or indirectly. By investing in certain Regional Centers located in TEA ‘s (Targeted Employment Areas); i.e. areas that are rural or areas of high employment, the required investment is only USD $500,000.00.
A typical foreign investor is highly educated; a successful business executive or entrepreneur, an accredited investor by the standards of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (for Regional Center Investments), and a head of household with a global perspective.
Foreign investors’ motivations to invest through the EB-5 Program include:
– Conduct and/or expand their business in the United States
– Educate themselves or their children in the U.S.
– Diversify their investment portfolios
– Passively Manage their investments in the Regional Center or Direct Project
– Reside in the United States and become U.S. Permanent Residents and U.S. Citizens
EB-5 INVESTOR SERVICES
– Preparation and Filing of Investor Petitions with USCIS
– Authentication of Source of Funds
– Consulate Processing or Adjustment of Status for Conditional Permanent Residency
– Removal of Conditions to Permanent Residency
– EB-5 Project Due Diligence Services (Immigration matters only)
– Compliance and Best Practices
– Cultural Relocation
– Foreign Language Liaison Services: Mandarin Chinese, Portuguese, Spanish, French, Arabic, Italian, Farsi, German, Dutch