Join the AILA South Florida Chapter in sunny Miami Beach for the annual immigration law conference.
For registration, click here
Edward Beshara will be speaking on two panels:
Thursday, February 27, 2020 (11:35 A.M. – 12:25 P.M.)
Don’t Stop Me Now – Solutions for Entrepreneurs
- Status of entrepreneurial parole rule
- E to EB5
- Alternative citizenship through a third country
- Challenges with L new offices and is the L the only option?
- EB1, Multinational Executive or Manager when in E status
- Self-Petitioning options via Regional Center EB5, National Interest Waiver or Extraordinary Ability
Discussion Leader: Edward Beshara
Panelists: Amy Link
Jacqueline Villalba, AILA South Florida, CLE Vice-Chair
Friday, February 28, 2020 (3:20 P.M. – 4:20 P.M.)
- New EB-5 Regulations: Summary of changes and what is new.
- New TEA Definitions: How will they affect preexisting and new projects?
- Sources & Path of Funds: New challenges when investing $900,000 or $1.8 million.
- Investor Protection in Failed Projects.
- Risks & Rewards: Creative options for EB-5 investors stuck in the immigrant visa backlog or who may be unable to invest (or be in the process of investing) $900,000 at the time of filing an I-526.
- I-829 Issues: When can investors get their “capital” returned to them? When is “redeployment” required? Plus, options when job creation is delayed.
- Litigation Update: Zhang & SOF from loan proceeds; derivative quota; injunction to stop new regulations; and mandamus for long processing times for I-526s and I-829s.
- What does the future hold? Will new reform, legislation and future regulations change the program once again?
Discussion Leader: Michael Harris
Panelists: Luciana Fischer